Weather Protection for Doors
Doors play a crucial role in keeping the elements from entering your home. The GUARDIAN™ Weather Barrier System protects your home from severe weather conditions.
Benefits of the Weather Barrier System for Doors
The GUARDIAN™ Weather Barrier System offers several benefits, including:
- Preventing water damage: Water damage to your door or home’s interior can occur due to natural weather events. The Weather Barrier System uses an airtight bottom front door seal that eliminates gaps or cracks to prevent water from seeping in.
- Improving energy efficiency: The system properly seals the door, which helps regulate indoor temperature. As a result, your heating and cooling system won’t work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature, making your home more energy-efficient.
- Protecting against insects: Insects can infiltrate your home through unsealed gaps or along the sides of your door. The system features a barrier that keeps insects out of your home.
About the Weather Barrier System
The GUARDIAN™ Weather Barrier System has the following features:
- Eastern white pine jambs: The jambs are end treated with an anti-wicking barrier to prevent rotting and insect infiltration. The five-year warranty finish offers superior quality and durability.
- High dam threshold: It features a continuous composite base that is resistant to warping or rot. The nose and rail come in different wood grains, and the aluminum sill is available in various finishes.
- Adjustable composite rail: The rail has a patented seal that interlocks with the high dam sill, creating an impenetrable barrier between the threshold and the interior.
- Performance grade rating of 40: The rating is determined via testing that measures the air, water and structural load a front door can withstand.
- Durable Q-Lon™ compression weatherstripping: The weatherstripping creates an airtight front door seal between the door and the jamp for full protection against air and water infiltration.
- Leading Edge™ corner pads: The patent-pending pads create a low-pressure cavity that prevents the “straw-wicking” effect and eliminates leaks during storms.
- Tubular bulb and center fin storm door bottom sweep: The tubular bulb and the bottom door sweep weatherstripping with the outer rain fin carry water away from the door.
- Extended sills: Extended sills elevate the jamb for water exposure reduction.
- Adjustable oak-look composite threshold: The threshold is used for height adjustment to facilitate ultimate sealing between the door and the threshold.
Protect Your Home From Harsh Weather Conditions
With the Weather Barrier System, you can significantly improve the weather protection qualities of your entry door. Contact us online for new exterior doors and weather protection in Waldorf, Maryland, and the surrounding areas today.